Please note that a copy of the Terms of Business will be sent to you prior to commencing the first project. A signed copy will be kept on file to indicate
acceptance of these terms.
- Initial Phone Consultation: this is free for new clients
- Booking Form: prior to the commencement of a new project or set of tasks, a booking form will be completed and signed by
both parties. It contains details of the tasks, including: agreed rate or payment package, deadline for the completion of work and all other particulars relating to the specific tasks. This signed
document indicates the client’s acceptance of Maidstone Virtual Assistant’s terms and conditions contained herein.
- Returned work to the client will be by standard Royal Mail (hard copy, CD, DVD or memory stick as applicable) or by email
as agreed. If the client prefers a courier service, this can also be arranged. Postage, consumables and courier charges are charged at cost to the client.
- Timescale: a suitable timescale will be agreed upfront by both parties.
- Changes: should a client’s original requirements change, Maidstone Virtual Assistant may amend the original quotation,
following consultation with the client first.
- Maidstone Virtual Assistant reserves the right to refuse to undertake any work which is believed to be unethical, unlawful
or outside of our skill-set.
- Maidstone Virtual Assistant reserves the right to amend the cost of the provision of services at any time by giving the
client one month’s notice in writing.
- Pay as you go hourly services: invoices are payable within 7 days of the invoice date. Invoices will be sent by email
to the client (unless otherwise requested by the client to send by mail). Invoices will be sent on a weekly basis.
- There are several payment options: BACS, bank transfer, online banking (account details will be provided), cheque or
- For pre-payment package clients – an invoice will be sent upon confirmation of the “time bundle” package booked for
payment at the commencement of the service.
- Should any payment fail, the client will be liable for all related charges.
- The hourly pay as you go rate will be billed in 15 minute increments, with time rounded up to the nearest quarter of an
hour. The minimum invoice amount is one hour.
- For first time pay as you go hourly clients, a 50% deposit will be required up front for your first project/set of
- Pre-payment packages: an invoice will be sent to the client upon confirmation of the first required “time bundle” package.
For ongoing “time bundle” packages, subsequent invoices are then sent to the client 14 days before the beginning of each month and must be paid on the 1st of each month (or the nearest working day to
1st) by standing order. Any additional charges for consumables or additional hours worked will be shown on the client’s following month’s invoice and are also payable on the 1st of each month.
Additional hours will only be worked if pre-arranged between the client and Maidstone Virtual Assistant and will be charged at the discounted hourly rate of the client’s chosen
- Late Payment: Overdue payment will be subject to a 10% late payment fee during the first 30 days and an
additional 10% will be levied for every 7 days subsequent to that whilst the payment remains overdue. In the event that payment is not received after 10 weeks from the due date, we will
instruct our legal department to handle matters, for which clients may incur additional fees.
- Maidstone Virtual Assistant will not, at any
time, either directly or indirectly, divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner, any information that is propriety to the client, unless specifically requested to do so by the client or obliged
to by law.
- All information and data will be treated with the strictest confidence and will not be used for the personal benefit of
Maidstone Virtual Assistant. This stipulation will continue after the termination of any Contract or Agreement.
- A copy of completed tasks will be held by Maidstone Virtual Assistant for 6 months, unless the client requests
- Any documents containing personal financial details belonging to the client or the client’s clients will be destroyed four
weeks after completion and payment of the tasks or project.
- If required by the client, Maidstone Virtual Assistant would be happy to sign any non-disclosure or confidentiality
- Maidstone Virtual Assistant cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to data or equipment relating to projects or
tasks, during transit to/from and within its premises.
- Maidstone Virtual Assistant uses anti-virus protection and all incoming emails / documents will be scanned. We reserve the
right to delete any unsolicited attachments or mail which causes concern from an unrecognised sender or has no subject heading or contains no message.
- The client is responsible for their own anti-virus protection.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all work submitted to Maidstone Virtual Assistant is correct and legible.
Any errors made by Maidstone Virtual Assistant will be corrected free of charge.
- Amendments other than those previously stated, will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate (either pay as you go or a
discounted package rate).
- Maidstone Virtual Assistant cannot be held responsible for the end use or content of any document produced or edited by
- All completed assignments, returned to the client, will leave the premises in perfect condition – we cannot accept
liability for damage or loss caused by Royal Mail. In the unlikely and unfortunate event this should happen, we will do our best to chase any problem up with Royal Mail on your behalf.
- All final proofreading of work remains the responsibility of the client.